Peter Berrisford's Year 13 Media Blog

Peter Berrisford's Year 13 Media Blog
GET SOME!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Magazine Advert & Album Cover Designs

As I stated at the start of this blog, I will create 2 other forms of media which relate to each other and will support the music video Nikil and I have constructed. I decided to create a Magazine Advert and an Album cover. Below are the 2 pieces of media:

Above is the magazine advert that I created. You can see on the advert that I have used statements from The Guardian and The Times. These statements are false but they are there to simulate the complimentary comments from famous brands and tabloids.

Above is the album cover that I created. I used the idea of evolution in this album cover which is demonstrating the change of ape to man, as it shows how everybody is changing. The same point goes to the picture of the people at the top who are different and have there own stance.

Above is one of the possible album covers Nikil and I created together. We liked the idea of a tadpole swimming (more like jumping!) alongside a frog. The cartoon effect shows a slightly comical hint to it, which would initially refer back to the music video we made.

In order to create the magazine advert and the 2 album covers, I used Photoshop and Paint to create them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment